More About this Item
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
• You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 15% and any applicable taxes and shipping.
Cultural Patina - Terms & Conditions
This catalogue, as amended by any posted notices during the sale, together with the purchaser's registration statement, is Cultural Patina and the Consigner's entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property listed herein. THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE ARE THE ONLY TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY WHICH ALL PROPERTIES ARE OFFERED FOR SALE. The property will be offered by us as the agent for the Consigner unless the catalogue indicates otherwise. By bidding at auction, the buyer agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
1. ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD AS IS, AND NEITHER WE NOR THE CONSIGNER MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY LOT SOLD INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CORRECTNESS OF THE CATALOGUE OR OTHER DESCRIPTION OF THE ORIGIN, PHYSICAL CONDITION, SIZE, QUALITY, RARITY, ATTRIBUTION, AUTHORSHIP, IMPORTANCE, MEDIUM, PROVENANCE, EXHIBITIONS, LITERATURE OR HISTORICAL RELEVANCE OF THE PROPERTY, AND NO STATEMENT ANYWHERE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, SHALL BE DEEMED SUCH A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION. ALL SIZES LISTED ARE APPROXIMATE AND LISTED IN INCHES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. WE AND THE CONSIGNOR DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE THAT ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE COMPLIES WITH ANY APPLICABLE GOVERNMENTAL RULES, REGULATIONS OR ORDINANCES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER. NEITHER CULTURAL PATINA AS AGENT NOR THE CONSIGNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAULTS OR DEFECTS IN ANY LOT OR THE CORRECTNESS OF ANY STATEMENT AS TO ANY ORIGIN, AUTHORSHIP, DATE, AGE, ATTRIBUTION, GENUINENESS, PROVENANCE OR CONDITION OF ANY LOT.
Any description of the items contained in this Auction is for the sole purpose of identifying the items for those Bidders who do not have the opportunity to view the lots prior to bidding, and no description of items has been made part of the basis of the bargain or has created any express warranty that the goods would conform to any description made by Auctioneer. No statement by anyone or in the catalogue, in any advertisement, or which is made at the sale, in the bill of sale or invoice, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT BETWEEN A DESCRIPTION AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE TERMS OF CONDITIONS SHALL CONTROL. NO DESCRIPTION IS INTENDED TO, OR SHALL, NEGATE OR LIMIT THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH HEREIN.
WITHOUT IN ANY WAY WAIVING THE FOREGOING, ANY COMPLAINT REGARDING AUTHENTICITY, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION OR PROVENANCE SHALL BE MADE WITHIN TWENTY-FIVE (25) DAYS OF THE DAY OF SALE OR SUCH COMPLAINT SHALL BE WAIVED. ALL BIDDERS ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE MADE OR REQUESTED FULL INSPECTION OF ANY AND ALL PROPERTIES PRIOR TO SALE AND AGREE TO BE CHARGED WITH ALL MATTERS SUCH INSPECTION MAY HAVE DISCLOSED OR INDICATED. INSPECTION ON THE DAY OF SALE WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY UPON PREARRANGEMENT WITH THE US.
2. A buyer's premium will be added to the purchase of all lots in the sale, and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. The buyer's premium for all bidders participating in the auction is 15%.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
4. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue.
5. All bids placed, and all payments made must be in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. Bank.
6. Payments are due promptly at the conclusion of the auction and within 10 days of receipt of invoice.
7. We reserve the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder, acknowledged by the auctioneer, will be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion whether to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sale records are conclusive. Although in our discretion, we will execute other order bids or accept telephone bids as a convenience to clients who are not present at auctions, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection therewith.
8. If the auctioneer decides that any opening bid is below the value of the article offered, he or she may reject the same and withdraw the article from sale, and if having acknowledged on opening bid, he or she decides that any advance thereafter is insufficient, he or she may reject the advance.
9. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to fulfillment by such bidder, of all the conditions set forth herein, and such bidder thereupon a) assumes full risk and responsibility thereof, but not limited to, insurance, fire, theft, removal and storage or damage from any and all causes, and b) will pay the full purchase price thereof or such part as we may require. In addition to other remedies available to us by law, we reserve the right to impose a late charge of 1 1/2% per month of the total purchase price if payment is not made in accordance with the conditions set forth herein. REGARDING ANY PURCHASER WHO IS REPRESENTED BY A BIDDER: BIDDERS ARE PERSONALLY AND INDIVIDUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OBLIGATIONS OF THE PURCHASER SET FORTH IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to us and the Consigner by law, including, without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price, we at our option may either, a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser, or b) resell the property at public auction without reserve, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency costs including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, our commissions on both sales at our regular rates, reasonable attorney's fees, incidental damages, and all other charges due hereunder. In the event that such a buyer pays a portion of the purchase price for any or all lots purchased, Cultural Patina shall apply the payment received to such lot or lots that Cultural Patina, in its sole discretion deems appropriate. In the case of default, purchaser shall be liable for legal fees and expenses. In addition, a defaulting purchaser will be deemed to have granted us a security interest in, and we may retain as collateral security for such purchaser's obligations to us, any property in our possession owned by such purchaser. At our option, payment will not be deemed to have been made in full until we have collected funds represented by checks, or, in the case of bank or cashier's checks, we have confirmed their authenticity. Upon collection of funds, purchaser shall receive a bill of sale for the concerned items of merchandise.
10. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser will be required to pay Virginia state and local sales tax or any applicable compensating use tax of another state on the total purchase price. Deliveries outside the state may be subject to the compensating use tax of another state. Where duty or collection is imposed on Cultural Patina by law, it will require payment of these taxes.
11. These Terms and Conditions of Sale as well as the purchaser's and our respective rights and obligations thereunder shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia. By bidding at an auction, whether present in person or by agent, order bid, telephone or by other means, the purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Virginia.
12. We are not responsible for the act or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser. In no event will our liability to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
13. Estimates do not represent any opinion or guarantee of actual value or ultimate sale price. Actual prices realized for items can fall below or above this range. They should not be relied upon as a prediction or guarantee of the actual selling price. They are prepared well in advance of the sale and are subject to revision.
14. Should any disputes arise pertaining to purchases at this auction or any other matters relating to the auction, such disputes shall be brought in the courts of the State of Virginia.
15. Any claim regarding a purchase must be made by the successful bidder to Cultural Patina, in writing, certified mail, return receipt requested, within 25 days of the final day of the live auction. Thereafter, all claims shall be time-barred. It is Cultural Patina general policy, and Cultural Patina has the right to have the purchaser obtain, at the purchaser's expense, the opinion of two recognized experts in the field, mutually agreeable to Cultural Patina and the purchaser.
17. The copyrights in and to the items depicted in this catalogue, and the rights of publicity to the names, images and likenesses of persons or items depicted in this catalogue, are exclusively owned by the Consignor of the property or third parties. A BUYER OF AN ITEM OFFERED FOR SALE DOES NOT ACQUIRE ANY COPYRIGHT, COMMERCIAL RIGHT, OR SIMILAR RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO THE ITEMS OR THE IMAGES OR LIKENESSES CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE BUYER MAY NOT REPRODUCE ANY ITEM PURCHASED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER. No copies or photographs, catalogue descriptions or other written material in this catalogue may be reproduced in any manner without the express written permission of the copyright holder.
18. All sales are final. There are no refunds or returns of items purchased.
Participating In the Auction
Bidders can view the full catalog online, and leave advance absentee bids, as well as bid live. All lots in this catalog can be bid on through invaluable.com prior to - and during - the live auction, provided that the bidder has completed Invaluables' application process and been approved for bidding.
Removal/Shipment of Purchases
If you are a successful Internet Bidder….
1. You will receive an invoice by email immediately following the conclusion of each day's auction.
2. Payment is due promptly and within 10 days of receipt of invoice.
3. After purchases are available for release you will be contacted by Cultural Patina to make shipping arrangements. Purchasers are responsible for all shipping costs.
After purchases are available for release, you will be contacted by Cultural Patina to make shipping arrangements. Purchasers are responsible for all shipping costs.
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 15% and any applicable taxes and shipping.
VA Sales Tax
VA Sales Tax: 6.0%