More About this Item
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of 25.00% and any applicable taxes and shipping. There is no longer a direct fee to Invaluable. Bakker Auctions pays that 5% fee.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION/CONDITION: All property is sold "AS IS" and neither James R. Bakker Antiques, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as BAKKER AUCTIONS) nor the consignor make any warranty or representations of the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property, and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written shall be deemed such a warranty or representation. Any advice or opinions provided by BAKKER AUCTIONS or its employees are given strictly as a courtesy and are not a warrant of condition, attribution, authenticity, or description of said property.
BAKKER AUCTIONS has personally catalogued and described each lot with great care as to authenticity, condition, and measurement. Although all items are sold "as is," BAKKER AUCTIONS will stand behind the authenticity of each lot offered and will consider refunds in full provided we are notified in writing within fourteen days of the sale that the lot is a forgery and that the lot be returned to our gallery within twenty-one days of the sale in the same condition in which it was sold accompanied by written testimony of two recognized experts. If in question, do not have the painting cleaned or restored before satisfying yourself as to authenticity. Under no circumstances whatsoever will refunds be considered for discrepancy of condition. If in doubt, please retain the advice of a restorer or consultant prior to the sale.
2. BAKKER AUCTIONS reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
3. DETERMINATION OF HIGHEST BIDDER: The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer may determine who is the successful bidder or the auctioneer may re-offer the article in dispute and his decision shall be final.
4. TITLE: Except as herein otherwise provided, title will pass to the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer, and the property is thereafter at the purchaser's sole risk and responsibility.
5. PAYMENT: On title passing to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, and subject to all the conditions set forth herein, such bidder will thereupon pay the full purchase price. Payment in full is due within 7 days of the time of sale. A buyer's premium of 25% will be added to the hammer price to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price.
6. RESERVES: Our starting bids are our reserves. If you bid at the starting bid, your bid is accepted and are not outbid, you will win that lot.
7. Bidding on any article(s) indicates acceptance of the TERMS & CONDITIONS set forth above.
Bakker Auctions charges a 25% premium to the buyer on the final bid price of each lot sold.
PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR PAYMENT OR SIGN INTO YOUR AUCTION BIDDING ACCOUNT AND PAY DIRECTLY. AFTER 5 DAYS YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE WILL BE CHARGED. PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS UPDATED AND THE CARD YOU WANT TO USE.
For Invoices over $5000, please pay by check.
Please make all checks out to James R. Bakker Antiques, Inc.
FOREIGN TRANSACTIONS: AN ADDITIONAL 2% WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR TOTAL BILL.
YOU MUST CONTACT US to confirm shipping arrangements (see Shipping)
Bakker Auctions charges a 25% premium to the buyer on the final bid price of each lot sold. Please note that this includes a 5% fee to Invaluable.
PACKING & SHIPPING
SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery from the time you notify me to release the purchase to the shipper.
YOU MUST CONTACT ME TO RELEASE YOUR PIECES--they will not be taken to the shipper until you do so. Shipping is done on a first-come, first serve basis.
NO LOTS WON ONLINE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP THE DAY OF THE AUCTION. PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT for PICK UP.
Invoices will be sent out day of sale after which you may contact us to make arrangements for pick up.
CONSIDER SHIPPING COSTS INTO YOUR BUDGET. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LOOKED AT THE SIZE INCLUDING THE FRAME. PIECES UNDER GLASS WEIGH MORE THAN PIECES WITHOUT. If not picking up pieces in person, in all cases packing and shipping will be handled by an outside agent and arranged for by the purchaser. Bakker Auctions will not be responsible for damage or loss once the item has been received by the shipper. In the case of fragile articles, shipping will be undertaken at the sole discretion of the shipper.
Bakker Auctions will not be responsible for (including damage to) items stored with Bakker beyond one month.
BAKKER AUCTIONS USES MAILSPOT EXPRESS IN PROVINCETOWN (508-487-6650). Winning pieces will be hand delivered to Mailspot Express. Please note, Mailspot Express is our only local shipper. You must contact me to release your purchase to the shipper.
If you are an out-of-state buyer who is picking up in person, you MUST PAY MA SALES TAX. You must contact me before paying your bill so that I can add taxes to your invoice.
All purchases are subject to the Massachusetts sales tax (currently 6.25%) unless the purchaser A) possesses a Massachusetts sales tax exemption or resale number and registers that number with the company, B) is an out-of-state vendor who meets all the requirements of Massachusetts Department of Revenue GLC 64H 1(5) and Directive 89-10 and registers with the company prior to each purchase, or C) has purchases shipped out of state directly from a bona fide shipping agent. Dealers, museums, etc. can apply for a Massachusetts number prior to the auction by contacting the Massachusetts Department of Corporations and Taxation, 100 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02204.
PLEASE READ THE CONDITION OF THE PIECE. Please note that the estimates reflect the art work, not the frame. You are buying the art work. The frame is considered a bonus. Frames are not guaranteed to be in the same condition as they are in the item photograph. Due to handling and shipping, many frames, especially antique ones, are prone to losses. If you have questions about the condition of a frame, please contact us prior to the auction.
For more important details regarding condition, please read Line 1 (Correctness of Description/Condition) in the Terms and Conditions of Sale