More About this Item
Conditions, Item Removal, Bid Execution
• Please note that a buyer’s premium of 12% will be added to the auctioneer’s hammer price. A 25% deposit may be required in advance unless credit has been previously established. Artfact Live fee is an additional 3% of your purchase, and is paid to Artfact for their service.
• A valid credit card with expiration date is required, even though you may choose to pay for the item using another means of payment. However, unless otherwise indicated, payment for successful bids will be placed on the credit card left on your absentee form. CREDIT CARD NUMBERS ARE NOT KEPT ON FILE
• Successful bidders are responsible for packing and shipping costs of all purchases. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., will transmit a list of recommended shippers to the purchaser once payment has been received. Purchaser is responsible for contacting the shipper of their choice.
• Absentee bids are executed in competition with the audience, on an alternate basis. Due to the uncertainties of bidding patterns, a lot may sell to the audience for the same amount authorized by an absentee bidder. In the event of identical bids, the bid received first will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision is final in the matter of same-amount bids, and our policy is that floor bidders will have precedence over absentee bidders.
• Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. will call or email you if you are successful in your bidding. Due to the demands on our office the day after an auction, please understand phone inquiries regarding your success cannot be answered until the <b>second business day</b> after the auction. You will NOT be notified if your bid was unsuccessful.
-- All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a storage assessment of $100/day for any lot, or portion of any lot, not removed by the purchaser within 10 (ten) business days after the day of the sale. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on the premises for more than three (3) business days after the date of the sale. At the option of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., the merchandise may be transferred to, and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Any item not removed from our facility within 30 days is considered abandoned by the purchaser, and becomes the sole property of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc.
• We are not held responsible for errors or failure to execute bids.
• All bids accepted will be executed subject to our Conditions of Sale and Information for Buyers as published and available at the gallery office.
• Please bid knowing you may succeed at all bids you leave.
- Winning bidders are advised that sale results are posted to the Artfact/Invaluable database, as well as any other similar, sale-reporting services to which we subscribe, and are the intellectual property of Wickliff Auctioneers and/or our contractual partners. We cannot, and will not, remove or misrepresent the sale price or sale status of any item. Buyer hereby acknowledges that he/she has been advised of the aforementioned price result reporting, and agrees to indemnify Wickliff Auctioneers from any loss resulting from the public availability of any price result posted on any of our partner web sites.
Wickliff Auctioneers accepts cash, approved checks, Mastercard and Visa for payment, as well as cashier’s checks and money orders. Payment may also be made via Paypal or wire transfer. Items may not be removed from the gallery until complete payment has been made. Online bidders must contact us by e-mail, PayPal or telephone to arrange payment. <b>Credit card information provided for Artfact Live! registration is not shared with the auction company.</b> For absentee and fax bidders, if the winning bidder has not contacted us within 24 hours of being notified of their success, we will charge the credit card supplied with the bid.
Wickliff Auctioneers does not provide in-house shipping services, but is happy to provide references for outside shippers who make pickups at our facility following each auction. If you are a winning bidder and wish to have your item shipped, please contact us for information for recommended shipping outlets.
Winning bidders who wish to pick up items after the completion of any auction may do so for 1.5 hours following the last item selling, or on Mondays from 10am until 5pm. We do not have laborers on staff, so anyone needing assistance in moving large items should supply their own help. Pickups of any item more than 48 hours after an auction require an appointment as our showroom is not open to the public except during auction events and previews. All items are to be removed from our gallery within 5 days following an auction.
If large item moving services are required, we can also recommend contract intrastate and interstate moving companies with whom we have experience.
Wickliff Auctioneers Buyer's Premium of 12% will be added to the auctioneer’s hammer price. Additionally, an Artfact convenience fee of 3% will be added to the winning bid. A 25% deposit based upon an item's low estimate may be required in advance unless credit has been previously established.
We are pleased to provide additional information regarding the condition/age/authenticity of any item, <b>we may not be able to respond to such requests received within 24 hours before the stated start time of any auction.</b> Bidders are advised that opinions regarding condition or authenticity are given as our best information available, and that the bidder is making their decision to bid based upon their own opinion of the condition, age or authenticity of any item. Additionally, <b>the absence of a condition report on any item does not indicate that the item is free from flaws.</b> Please contact our office with questions about the condition of an item prior to bidding.
Indiana residents will pay 7% sales tax, whether the item is purchased online or in person. Out-of-state residents who PERSONALLY PICK UP THEIR PURCHASES at our location will also be subject to Indiana 7% sales tax. All other purchasers are responsible for payment of any applicable taxes in their state or country of residence.