Loading Spinner

Cognac - General

Produced in the areas immediately surrounding the tiny town of Cognac, France, Cognac is a form of brandy. Cognac production is strictly regulated. The guidelines insist that a Cognac should age in French-oak barrels for at least two years, being distilled in copper pot stills. At least 90% of the grapes in a Cognacmust be Ugni Blanc, also called Trebbiano, Colombard, and Follie Blanche, while the remaining 10% can be culled from six other grape varietals. Among the most well known of those six is Sémillon.

Some of the most famous producers are Hennessey, Rémy Martin, and Courvoisier. There are four quality grades for Cognac: V.S. (stored for two or more years in cask), V.S.O.P. (stored at least four years), XO (also called Napoléon, seven to 10 years) and hors d’age (exceeds the three grades and indicates the highest quality).

Recommended Items at Auction

See all items

Cognac - Louis XIII
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Louis XIII
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF3,500- CHF4,000
CHF2,2501 Bid
Cognac - Louis XIII
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Louis XIII
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF2,500- CHF4,000
CHF2,2501 Bid
Grand Armagnac Ferte de Partenay 1936 Appellation Armagnac Controlée France…
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Grand Armagnac Ferte de Partenay 1936 Appellation Armagnac Controlée France…
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€6000 Bids
Fontvieille No.35 Cognac Ragnaud-Sabourin Cognac Grande Champagne, Premier Cru…
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Fontvieille No.35 Cognac Ragnaud-Sabourin Cognac Grande Champagne, Premier Cru…
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€1000 Bids
Grande Champagne Cognac Family Reserve Hine France 70 cl - 42% vol. Etichett…
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Grande Champagne Cognac Family Reserve Hine France 70 cl - 42% vol. Etichett…
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€1000 Bids
Cognac de Grande Champagne Tres Venerable Delamain France 70 cl - 40% vol. …
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Cognac de Grande Champagne Tres Venerable Delamain France 70 cl - 40% vol. …
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€1500 Bids
1 bottle Martell VS. 70 cl. French cognac.
Apr 24, 9:45 AM CEST
1 bottle Martell VS. 70 cl. French cognac.
by Setdart Auction House
Est: €50- €70
€400 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.5
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.5
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF9500 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.4
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.4
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF1,2500 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.2
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.2
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF1,3000 Bids
Cognac - So Elegantissime
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - So Elegantissime
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF180- CHF200
CHF1300 Bids
Cognac - So Elegantissime
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - So Elegantissime
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF180- CHF200
CHF1300 Bids
Cognac - So Elegantissime
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - So Elegantissime
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF180- CHF200
CHF1300 Bids
Cognac - Martell L`Or De Jean Martell
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Martell L`Or De Jean Martell
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF4,000- CHF4,500
CHF2,5000 Bids
Courvoisier Château Limoges Cognac France 70 cl - 40% vol. Capsula in ottim…
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Courvoisier Château Limoges Cognac France 70 cl - 40% vol. Capsula in ottim…
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€800 Bids
Courvoiser Collection Ertè Distillation Cognac France 75 cl - 40% vol. Etic…
May 05, 3:00 PM CEST
Courvoiser Collection Ertè Distillation Cognac France 75 cl - 40% vol. Etic…
by Nomisma Aste
Est: €0- €0
€5000 Bids
1 bottle Magnum Napoleon Napoleon Aigle Rouge Very Rare Reserve. France.
Apr 24, 9:45 AM CEST
1 bottle Magnum Napoleon Napoleon Aigle Rouge Very Rare Reserve. France.
by Setdart Auction House
Est: €250- €280
€1500 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.7
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.7
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF1,3500 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.6
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.6
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF1,2500 Bids
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.3
Apr 26, 6:00 PM CEST
Cognac - Courvoisier Erte Collection No.3
by TGP Auction
Est: CHF1,500- CHF1,600
CHF1,1000 Bids
A boxed 680ml bottle of Courvoisier Napoleon cognac brandy, together with a
Apr 29, 9:00 AM BST
A boxed 680ml bottle of Courvoisier Napoleon cognac brandy, together with a
by Claydon Auctioneers
Est: £30- £50
£300 Bids

Sellers Who Sell Cognac - General


TGP Auction

TGP Auction

Nomisma Aste

Nomisma Aste

Setdart Auction House

Setdart Auction House

Claydon Auctioneers

Claydon Auctioneers